RailWorks Foreman - Construction (Night Shift) in Toronto, Ontario
Foreman - Construction (Night Shift)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180705-72801-002
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks USRC
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks USRC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Superintendent , the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Foreman
Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
Pre-plans work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
Plans the day to day operations on assigned project and ensures that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work i.e., labour, equipment and material.
Takes responsibility for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies and procedures. Conducts tailgate meetings. Initiates follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
Conducts daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, Company policies and procedures. Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
Communicates with customer and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
Communicates with contractors or sub contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
Performs a variety of related administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of recent related experience.
• 3rd Year Electrical Apprentice.
• Current and clean Class 5 drivers’ license.
• Valid certification in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
• Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize, develop, execute and communication vision, plan, schedules and goals to crew.
• Strong customer relations skills
• Ability to use computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting, carrying
• Ability to utilize hand and power tools
• Excellent vision and hearing
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and common sense.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as a contributing and essential team player.
Relation to Other Jobs and Workers:
A. Promotion from: Labourer, Operator, Lead Hand
B. Supervision or Direction Received (title): Superintendent, Project Manager
C. Supervision or Direction Given (titles): Operator, Lead Hand, Labourer
Standing and walking around the project site; frequent bending, lifting, pulling, digging, shoveling and moving of objects; loud noise
Environmental Conditions: On site, field environment and subject to all weather conditions; working in and around live commuter trains, high voltage, confined space, safety sensitive cabling; day, night and weekend shifts.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)