RailWorks Construction Labourer (Night Shift) in Toronto, Ontario
Construction Labourer (Night Shift)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180912-72801-001
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks USRC
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks USRC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Toronto, ON
The Labourer will be reporting to the Project Manager/Superintendent. The Electrical Labourer performs all necessary inspections, tests, and maintenance on his assigned territory as well as assisting other Maintainers as required. The work is physically demanding and performed outdoors in a field environment, near livetrack.
Duties and Responsibilities as a Labourer
• Maintain tools and equipment in ready-for-service condition.
• Perform all periodic inspection and tests as per railway and PNR standards.
• Perform special duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Work cooperatively with other maintainers on technical issues and troubleshooting.
• Perform general labour tasks as necessary including operating equipment.
• Comply with railway and PNR safe work practices and signal work procedures.
• Perform all administrative duties related to proper documentation as per ISO requirements.
1-2 years experience in Construction
Diploma pr experience with electrical an asset
Experience in Signals & Communications field experience an asset
Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
Exposure to live track/trains and high voltage.
Work is safety sensitive and protective equipment is required.
Travel to work sites is required.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)