RailWorks Signals and Communication Signal Maintainer in Mississauga, Ontario
Signals and Communication Signal Maintainer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180621-72601-002
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks Go Transit
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks Go Transit - Mississagua, ON
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Mississauga, ON
Reporting to the Signal Maintenance Superintendent, the Signal Maintainer performs all necessary inspections, tests, and maintenance on his assigned territory. The Signal Maintainer may be called on to assist other Maintainers as required.
• Maintain his/her territory in optimal condition to reduce or avoid trouble calls.
• Maintain tools and equipment in ready-for-service condition.
• Perform all periodic inspection and tests as per railway and PNR standards.
• Perform special duties as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
• Work cooperatively with other maintainers on technical issues and troubleshooting.
• Perform general labour tasks as necessary including operating equipment.
• Comply with railway and PNR safe work practices and signal work procedures.
• Perform all administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality Management System.
• Successful completion of the PNR apprenticeship training program or equivalent.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Previous electronics training would be an asset.
• Three (3) years of recent related experience. Railway or construction experience would be an asset.
• Work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Exposure to live track/trains and high voltage.
• Work is safety sensitive and protective equipment is required.
• Travel to work sites is required.
/ // //This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned./
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)