RailWorks Production Supervisor in Hayward, California
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180730-34001-001
HOME COMPANY: HSQ Technology
COMPANY LOCATION: HSQ Technology - Hayward, CA
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Hayward, CA
HSQ Technology is a leader in providing SCADA for Water/Wastewater Plants, Power Distribution, Facility Management and Transit Systems. In business since 1979, we are located in Hayward, California. We have flexible hours, a convenient location, and a challenging work environment. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising and directing personnel and processes to ensure efficient on-time production schedules in accordance with safety and quality standards as they relate to general production and small parts projects. The Production Supervisor must have extensive knowledge of production management principles; project scheduling, and company procedures as well as, strong technical and administrative skills. Experience with RTU, I/O boards, PLC and various control panels a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop production schedules in conjunction with Project Managers.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and assign duties for production personnel.
• Coordinate with the Purchasing Manager to ensure the timely availability of components. This includes but is not limited to purchasing as needed.
• Oversee and supervise all functions including receiving, inventory control, production and interim quality checks, and shipping.
• Ensure compliance with all regulations and good manufacturing practices.
• Troubleshoot production problems.
• Project Manager for Small Parts and repair orders.
• Responsible for company facilities, including coordinating maintenance and repair.
• Responsible for company vehicles, including coordinating maintenance and repair.
• Maintain field and shop equipment, including repair and calibration.
• Issue RMAs and coordinate customer repairs.
• Act as Management Representative for ISO purposes.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, groups of managers, customers, and the public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Database, Microsoft Excel & Word, purchasing and shipping software.
• Travel less than 10%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Include but are not limited to frequently sitting, talking, listening, standing, and walking. Sufficient dexterity and eye-sight to inventory and sort electronic components.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and move and/or relocate objects.
• Work environment — shop and office.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)