RailWorks Project Accountant in Guelph, Ontario
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180906-72801-002
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks USRC
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks USRC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Guelph, ON
The Project Accountant is responsible for tracking the expenses such as time, material, labor and other costs incurred in each project against revenue/profitability in order to assist in making financial decisions regarding those jobs as well as future jobs. This includes analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. Additionally, the Cost Accountant is responsible for analyzing project trends in performance and makes appropriate recommendations. The Cost Accountant will also be involved with the annual budget process and forecasting.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Accountant:
• Works closely with the Project Managers in preparing and maintaining project budgets, which will be utilized to analyze budget variances and to prepare estimates of costs to complete.
• Prepares monthly forecast
• Responsible for preparing cash flow/revenue projections
• Prepares and analyzes operating and financial reports on a monthly basis
• Assists the Project Managers in preparing progress invoices, change order preparation, and sub-contractor management.
• Reviews equipment internal billings to project
• Supports the Regional Controller in forecasting and business planning
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Accountant:
• Provides ad hoc financial analysis and reports for management as requested
• At least 5 years’ construction experience required
• Bachelor degree in finance or accounting plus CPA and/or MBA preferred
• Working knowledge of percentage-of-completion accounting for construction contracts preferred
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
• Knowledge of federal, provincial and local financial regulations
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient working knowledge of financial and accounting software applications; experience with JDE preferred, v. 8.10 or later, preferred
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with advanced Excel skills
• Works in an office environment
• Frequently sits for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)