RailWorks Construction Labourer in Guelph, Ontario
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180910-72001-005
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks Signals & Communication
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWork Signals & Comm - Guelph, ON
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Guelph, ON
Reporting to the Track Maintenance Foreman, the Track Laborer is responsible for successfully completing day-to-day tasks by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Embrace our safety culture and adhering to industry and company policies and procedures
• Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates etc.
• Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings etc.
• Observes conditions of track, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report and repair problems or defects
• Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed
• Performs special duties as assigned by the Track Maintenance Foreman
• Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality Management System
• A minimum of 2 years related experience in the railway industry.
• Knowledge of all aspects of track maintenance.
• Track Inspection Guidelines certification is an asset
• Certified in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
• Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient use of computers, tablets etc.
• Valid Ontario class G driver’s license
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
• Ability to work rotating shifts
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)