RailWorks Trackman ($28.98/hr) in Abbotsford, British Columbia
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180910-70501-003
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks Pacific Region
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks Pacific - Abbotsford, BC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Abbotsford, BC
The Tackman works as a member of a crew to perform track and roadbed maintenance and repair, including installation of rails, ties, switches, ballast, and other track materials.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties of the Trackman:
• Removes and replaces track and track components (e. g. ties, rails, bars, etc.).
• Replaces or repairs and adjusts track switches.
• Cuts rails to specific lengths.
• Drills holes through rails for insertion of bolts, and tightens or loosens bolts at joints that hold ends or rails together.
• Raises rails to allow for tie removal and replacement.
• Removes and replaces ballast.
• Slides and aligns tie plates.
• Corrects deviations in track surface, alignment and gauge.
• Observes condition of tracks, track beds, and track right of way to detect and report problems or defects.
• Installs and repairs street and railroad crossings.
• Complies with all company and railroad safety rules, practices and regulations.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Digs holes and trenches.
• Sorts track material for loading and unloading.
• Cleans tracks and clears ice and snow from tracks and switch boxes.
• Lubricates machines, changes oil, and fills hydraulic reservoirs to specified levels.
• Grinds ends of new or worn rails to attain smooth joints.
• Cuts brush and vegetation from the right-of-way.
• Experience with track installation, maintenance and repair.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, both general and technical.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Good verbal skills to communicate and coordinate with crew and managers.
• Works outdoors.
• Uses hands to operate hand-held equipment and tools, including power tools.
• Frequently stands, walks, stoops, bends, kneels, crouches, and balances.
• Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)