RailWorks Thermite Welder in Abbotsford, British Columbia
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180910-70501-007
HOME COMPANY: PNR RailWorks Pacific Region
COMPANY LOCATION: PNR RailWorks Pacific - Abbotsford, BC
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: OPERATIONS
JOB LOCATION: Abbotsford, BC
Thermite Welders builds and repairs railroad track in a heavy construction environment. Primary/Essential Responsibilities and
• Experienced in Railtech Boutet, Inc., Orgo-Thermit, Inc.Thermite Welding Processes
• Experienced in the use of Oxygen/Propane cutting and preheating processes
• Experienced in general railroad track work; such as; rail cutting, rail measuring, real removal, rail replacement, switch configuration, track construction and restoration.
• Basic track work duties; spiking, anchoring and surfacing
• Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on small and large industrial equipment.
• Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
• Operates equipment per safety policies, rules and regulations. General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Inspects equipment, diagnoses problems and notifies supervisor of the need to the repair equipment.
• Keeps records and prepares reports of maintenance work and cost of work.
•A minimum of 2 years of welding experience in a heavy industrial environment.
•Thorough knowledge of the Thermite Welding process and welding properties of various types of metals.
•Certified by Contractor Orientation, e*Railsafe and Railway Maintenance Machine Operation
•Experienced in reporting daily activities to supervision via paper or electronic means provided by the employer: such as iPad usage. •Experienced in managing an employee; Welder Helper
•Experienced in communicating with railroad personnel regarding job briefs and completion of task at hand.
•Ability to look at a problem and recommend the best and most cost effective means for repair.
•Ability to understand and follow safety policies, rules and regulations.
•Works outdoors at construction sites.
•Frequently works in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
•Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
•Uses hands to operate equipment and tools.
•Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
•Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
•Exposed to loud noise, dust and fumes.
•Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned. RailWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)